Fall is a time to enjoy the changing leaves, the newly crisp temperatures and pumpkin patches. And it is also a great time to get that house on the market. Families may have a target date to move by the upcoming holidays, and we at WMT Global Realty at Keller Williams can make that happen for you.
Getting your house ready to sell can be a daunting task. We absolutely understand that, so we wanted to provide you with some tips to help you in your moving endeavor.
- Find a Good Mover
- It’s never too early to find a great mover to help you when your house sells. Iorg Movers is one of our preferred partners, and we cannot recommend them highly enough. They proudly state on their website that they “are a residential moving company who takes the hassle out of your moving process.” And we can guarantee that.
- Declutter and Depersonalize
- Taking the “personal” out of your home is a daunting task, but it is a necessary one. You need to stage your house so it can appeal to potential buyers. That means taking your personal pictures and items and packing them away. That also means decluttering each room to make it clean and crisp. Buyers need to be able to picture themselves living in your home, so the decluttering and depersonalization process should be at the top of your selling to-do list.
- Curb Appeal, Curb Appeal, Curb Appeal
- Have you heard of the expression, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression?” Well, that question just doesn’t apply to interviewing for a job; it applies to your home as well. Make the outside of your home look pretty – it doesn’t have to be expensive. Planting some new flowers/shrubs, sprucing up your mailbox, painting your door – these are just a few tips that can freshen up the exterior of your home and appeal to potential buyers.
- Expensive Makeover? Not Necessary
- These are just a few tips to get your home ready to sell. There are many others, and we would be happy to sit down and personally discuss those with you.
- It might be tempting to drop top dollars to get that new chef’s kitchen or exotic bathroom, but don’t do it. It’s not necessary because you probably won’t get your money back when your house sells. Instead, choose inexpensive solutions like adding a fresh coat of paint, professionally cleaning your carpets, or updating cabinet hardware.
If you are thinking of selling or buying residential or commercial real estate in the following Georgia cities: Buford, GA; Suwanee, GA or Cumming, GA, then Heather Wilson is the Realtor® for you.
Visit WMT Global Realty at Keller Williams-Heather Wilson’s Google , Zillow, and Facebook pages today.